Paolo Minoli with Keywan Rasekhschaffe
Paolo Minoli was born in 1942 in Cantù, Italy, where he received his artistic education from the painter Enrico Sottili and sculptor Gaetano Negri. In 1961 he concluded his studies as “Maestro d’Arte’ and taught from 1964 to 1978 at the Federal Art Institute in Cantù. From 1975 to 1986 he was artistic director of the “RS” publishing group. Beginning in 1979 Minoli was Professor for Colour Theory at the Brera Academy of Fine Arts in Milan. In 1982 He was invited to participate in the XL Venice Biennale (Italian Pavilion, section for visual arts). In 1986 he exhibited again at the Venice Biennale. His work “Sequenz A-B-C-D” from 1977 was presented within a thematic exhibition “Art and Science”. From 1986 to 1989 Minoli was Director of the serigraphic workshop “On Colour”. In addition to his artistic endeavours he was a design consultant to leading Italian firms. In 1990 Galerie +Verlag Aras published a monograph with texts by Matthias Bärmann and Luciano Caramel. The artist created a monumental sculpture “Nelle Ali del Canto” in 1992 for the Platz corporate collection. 1997 saw another monograph “Paolo Minoli, dipinti e Sculture”, published by Electa, with texts by Carlo Pirovano. In the same year a nine-meter-high sculpture “Ballerina” was installed at the museum in Riva del Garda. In 1989 he participated in the exhibition “Arte Italiana, Ultimi quarant’anni, Pittura aniconica” in Bologna, Galleria d’Arte Moderna. In 1999 the Artist was invited to participate in the XIII. Quadriennale d’Arte. In October 2000 a monograph “Paolo Minoli. Il lento dardo della bellezza” with texts by Elena Pontiggia was published by “Rex”. Paolo Minoli’s extensive collaboration with Aras Gallery and Edition Aras resulted in the publication of his most significant original print portfolios. The artist died in 2004 in Cantù.